Home >Research Discovery>Discovery Biology and Core Support Groups
Animal Facility is responsible for conducting in vivo experimental procedures to help scientists study infectious disease, verify the efficacy of new drug compounds as well as ensuring welfare and housing research animals. Animal research is essential for medical progress, playing a vital part in nearly every medical breakthrough in the twentieth century.
Our capabilities/assets include:
• Establishing infectious disease animal model.
• Using state-of-the-art technologies, generating animal models for human diseases, available for research collaboration in biomedical research fields
• Performing in vivo efficacy/ toxicity study
• Developing technologies for the quality control of the laboratory animals, generating genetically engineered mice (GEM)
• Over 550 m2 (5,920 ft2) of dedicated animal space
- Specific pathogen free (SPF) zone
- Animal biosafety level-2, 3 zone
• Trained veterinary staff provide expertise in animal husbandry, transgenic mouse breeding colony maintenance and assistance with routine technical procedures
• Adhering to AAALAC International (the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International) standards in order to demonstrate commitment to humane and responsible animal research and dedication to good science